The Dubai Media City (DMC) is a free zone in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, which was established in January 2001. Its aim was to strengthen Dubai’s media base and turn the region into a media hub. Dubai Media City has opened its doors to people with creative minds. DMC currently comprises more than 2000 regional and international media companies with over 20,000 employees. These companies benefit from the Free Zone, which includes full ownership, no personal or corporate taxes, full repatriation of capital and profits, and no currency restrictions. Benefits also include value-added services such as networking opportunities, venue management services, industry education programs and government services.
Dubai Media City offers a first-class infrastructure to media companies of all kinds, including publishing houses, news agencies, advertising and communications, event management, media consulting, online media, production and broadcasting. DMC provides its companies with such an environment that they have a platform to showcase their products and services and interact with the world’s leading marketing agencies and media giants such as CNN, CNBC, Forbes and Sony.
Business Setup process in Dubai Media City
The Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA) is responsible for the registration and licensing of companies based in Dubai Media City. Various legal structure options are available during the company formation process. It depends on your needs to choose one of the following structures.
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of a foreign / UAE company
- Freelance permission
Business benefits of the Dubai Media City Free Zone
- 100% foreign ownership
- Full repatriation of profits and capital
- No personal, income or corporation tax (50 year exemption)
- Exemption from customs duties for goods and services
- First-class infrastructure to support cluster growth
- The process of including the business is extremely simplified
- Business-friendly company laws and legal framework
- A wide range of government services, including licensing, visa, transport and postal services
- 24-hour visa service
- Accelerated immigration process
- Networking opportunities
If you have decided to start a business in Dubai Media City Free Zone, we will help you. Our business design techniques combined with your industry expertise and global reach allow us to be the best in the industry. Contact us today. We will be happy to help you.