The Dubai Knowledge Village is the only free zone in the city of Dubai for human resources management, professional learning and educational excellence. Dubai Knowledge Village offers services for corporate training and learning institutions to operate with 100% foreign ownership.
Dubai Knowledge Village was established in 2003 as part of the TECOM group. This knowledge community aims to develop the region’s talent pool and establish the United Arab Emirates as a knowledge-based economy. There are many companies and institutions operating within it, including employment assessment and testing providers, universities, IT training providers, professional centers, executive development providers and human resources consulting firms.
Types of company foundation:
1. Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
This is a company established as an independent legal entity with its own shareholders. The minimum capital requirement for the foundation depends on the business activity.
2. Branch office of a foreign / UAE company
A branch is regarded as a legally dependent part of its parent company even if its head office is not located at the head office of the parent company. (No minimum capital required).
The freelancer permit offers the possibility to work as a freelance specialist. The permit identifies you as a sole practitioner. It allows you to run your business in your birth name and not in a brand name.
Advantages of founding a company in the Dubai Knowledge Village Free Zone
- 100% exemption from corporation and income tax for 50 years
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% foreign ownership
- No customs duties for goods and services
- Well-known local, regional and global players
- An ideal business environment for customers
- A cluster working environment that enables successful and profitable operations
Simple legal framework procedure
- Access to knowledge workers due to the accelerated immigration process
Visa service around the clock